Thursday, May 12, 2011

Running Down a Dream

I am not sure why I took up running. I have dabbled a bit over the past three years but since January 2011 I have really made it a part of my life and routine. I find myself rearranging my schedule to make time for a run. I am not obsessed with it but committed. So I run 3 to 4 miles every other day. Some may say I am not a true runner as I am limited - for a few reasons - to my treadmill. But I always comeback with "at least I am doing it and not being a couch potato"
My ipod died last October and so I have been either running with no music (which is fine on the interval days as I am so focused on changing speeds every min) or picking up my hard rock husband's ipod. I do like a lot of the same music as him but I think there is a time and a place for different genres. So for Mother's Day I got a new ipod and spent the first night loading it up with what I think is a fantastic running playlist. I will admit a few of Grant's fav band ZZTop made the cut. So how did I pick from the millions of songs out there. Well I googled a few playlists to get started and then I started thinking of ones in my own library that have the right tempo- beats per minute. I loaded enough songs to get me through 10k, not that I am doing 10K on a regular basis but I am getting there. I can't I would listen to these some of these songs outside of running but they have a good beat to run to and that is motivating to me. If you looking for a new playlist here's one I recommend. Put it on shuffle, strap it on and go.
  1. Real Wild Child - Joan Jett
  2. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
  3. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
  4. Rolling in the Deep - Adele
  5. Walking on Sunshine - Aly & AJ (I like this better than the original for running)
  6. You Could Hvae Been A Lady - April Wine
  7. Viva la Vida - Coldplay
  8. Stereo Love - Edward Maya & Mia Martina
  9. The Rockafellar S***K - Fat Boy Slim
  10. Our Lips Are Sealed  - The Go Go's
  11. Human - The Killers
  12. Telephone - Lady Gaga and Beyonce
  13. So What! - Pink
  14. I Know You Want Me - Pitbull
  15. Bad Day - Workout Mix Version
  16. The Reason - Workout Mix Version
  17. She Wolf - Shakira
  18. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
  19. Hey Soul Sister - Train
  20. Bad Girl - ZZ Top
  21. La Grange - ZZ Top
  22. Blue - 89ers & Rimini Rockaz
  23. Running Down a Dream  - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

No comments:

Post a Comment