Taking my shower this morning I reached for my favorite shampoo and thought what a great stocking stuffer idea for a runner and then I started making a mental list of my favorite things. I thought I would share- in case you are looking for some gift ideas:
The first thing I do when I get home is change out my dress clothes and into my soft and oh so comfortable jammies. I love the "Lois" set because it has a built in shelf bra that will actually work for my girls. There is just enough lycra in the fabric to make it move with you. of course these are available at The Girls Bra Shop.
4. Forever New http://www.fashionessentials.com/fabric-wash.asp
My skin is what you would call "hyper sensitive" and a lot of detergents are to harsh. We brought Forever New into the store when we opened because it came highly recommended for caring for our product. It is so gentle, it doesn't burn or irritate my skin and it has a mild but really nice scent. This stuff is great.
5. Pearls http://www.benmoss.com/home/product/tabid/64/language/en-ca/p-22895-cultured-pearls-18-55-6-mm.aspx?catid=1488
I can't stand channel surfing. I am home alone a lot (well with little g) and I don't sleep well so typically I am up late. All very good reasons to invest in a series. There are so many to choose from. So many tv shows I couldn't miss over the years. But Ally McBeal was the quirkiest and most fun to watch. I have rewatched seasons 1, 2 and 3 a few times and hoping for season 4 and 5 for Christmas. hint hint.
7. Las Moras Black Label Malbec http://nbwines.blogspot.com/2009/08/las-moras-black-label-malbec-2006.html
wine is a perennial favorite hostess gift or Christmas present amongst friends. I love red wines and this one has a great start and finnish to it. The dark rich blackberry marries well with the hints of chocolate and vanilla.
8. Settlers of Catan http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/toys/Settlers-of-Catan/029877030613-item.html?ikwid=settlers+of+catan&ikwsec=Home
Thanks to Allison and Kevin we are hooked and have passed it on to many of our friends. This game is excellent. It's like Monopoly and Risk collided. See the true colours of your friends - Power Hungry Cut Throats. It's addictive and fun. Pick up the expansion pack if you want 6 players. and remember...
What happens in Catan - Stays in Catan!
9. LL Bean Shearling Slippers http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/61959?feat=503444-GN3
With their indoor/ outdoor soles these slippers are perfect. With the shearling surrounding your feet your have warmth, comfort and moisture wicking too. Wear around the house, or grocery shopping.
10. Essential Cyndi Lauper http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Cyndi-Lauper/dp/B00008PX8X
Grant gave me this cd a couple years ago for Christmas and I love it. I keep this cd in my car and have it on my ipod. Her classic 80's tunes and a few new ones. This collection is essential!
11. A Day at Nakai. http://www.nakai.ca/
We all need a day of pampering. This spa is beautiful and relaxing. Bring your ipod, enjoy a cup of herbal tea and mentally check out for the day.