Saturday, January 22, 2011

A cozy day

Well, the weather man was right. We got hit with another "weather bomb". We closed the store early and events all around the city were cancelled. The roads were nasty and I was happy to finally be home, safe and warm. Today the sun is shining and it is a winter wonderland outside. My g's just came in from shoveling, while I sit and write, curled up next to the woodstove.



The temperature dropped today, it's windy and cold. Why would I want to go outside when it is so cosy in here? It feels like the perfect day to do some baking. Simmer some applesauce, bake a pumpkin cake, and some biscuits too. They will go great with corn chowder.MmmmmCorn Chowder. A perfect winter meal. My mom gave me this recipe a few years ago and it has become a great hit. What's cool about it is that it is so creamy and yet not a drop of cream or milk in it. Add a little rosemary and cheddar to the biscuits and voila, the ideal winter meal.

Well, enough sitting here thinking about it, time to get cooking.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so delicious! (I like the new look of the blog a lot)
    Til Monday,
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete