Friday, January 22, 2010


So I have come to a stand still with my doll as I have been waiting for the fabric to arrive for my doll (it arrived today and it is beautiful). Putting in the time I decided to take all the bad parts-that is, the parts that didn't turn out right and had to be redone - and make something with them. I figured I need the practice. I found some old green and burgundy paisley fabric I had purchased years ago to make a Christmas tablecloth. I had just enough to make a body and legs. I loosely followed the pattern out of Patti's book but made a few variations (just to see if I could). I used the arthretic hands I had made. Even though I am happy that I actually got them turned without wrecking them, I don't feel they are good enough for the doll I want to submit to the Hoffman challenge. I also used the head that I had sewn upside down and surprisingly, the nose does not look like it is snooty. It took me 3 evenings to finish her. I know I have a lot to learn and practice will only improve my technique, but I am really quite pleased with how she turned out. I made her hair of suede yarn. I think beside the hands, the hair will be a challenge for me. I made her skirt from a sheer burgundy voile and cut it into strips and then seared the edges over the flame of a candle. Something's missing, I'm just not sure what. I have attached a couple pics. Oh, I named her Paisley.

No comments:

Post a Comment