Monday, January 4, 2010

Tiny Fingers

Yesterday was my last day of Christmas vacation. I spent it turning body parts inside out and stuffing. My eyes were stinging and my fingers cramped at the end of the day. It all turned out pretty good except the hands. I have never been so frustrated. After many hours I managed to get 4 out of 5 fingers turned on each hand. I just couldn't get it right. I will have to redo both of them. Then I spent many late hours surfing the net for tools to make this task easier. (I managed to find a couple of good blogs of very talented doll makers that lended me valuable advice. I have listed them in my "Sites'.) But no tools. Well no tools or supply shops in Canada that is. Doll making is not a big thing in NB. I thought I would at least find an online shop that is in Canada but nope. No luck there either. Nearest is Joggles.com and I think they are in Rhode Island and out of stock of everything I need at the moment. Despite the fact I am facing a few obstacles and not a whole lot of knowledge I am sucked in completely, I am thinking about my doll constantly. Excited as I watch her take shape. I will post a few pics of my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment