Thursday, January 28, 2010

Month End

I haven't had a whole lot of progress on my dolls this week as it is week 3 of training my new assistant and also quarterly tax return and my year end for the Lab (business that pays the bills). Plus I managed to spend a couple days at the bra shop (business that gives me a lift ~ ha). Life is busy this week.

Here's what I got done (in between work, my daughter's guitar and fencing lessons annnnnnnnnd I managed to steal away an hour in the tub with a glass of wine, candles and my book earlier this evening, it was bliss) I have done and redone the bodice of the dolls dress 3 times and finally am satisfied with it. I have a picture of me holding her with a dark teal bodice and no hair. Well the teal came off and then I switched to ivory and I didn't like that either. Lace from an old bra worked beautifully. I also sewed 100 little ivory roses around her waist and gave her some beautiful hair. (well it is yarn, but I like it and that's all that matters) I have been working on her legs also, not happy with my choices for shoes or stockings I decided I would attempt painting her shoes and stockings on. She is a bit eclectic by nature so I think it will work just fine. Next I am going to try and make a beaded necklace/ collar for her as I find her neckline is a little plain and needs a little bling.
It is 12:30 am so I think I will call it a night. I have a lot to do tomorrow. Hoping I can enjoy a bit of time this weekend working on the dolls, possibly finishing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment